Coming To Las Vegas? Here Are My 5 Must Do Vegas Local Tips
1. Play Golf at one of the many courses in and around Las Vegas. Bears Best is my favorite as it’s 18 of Jack Nicklaus’s favorite holes from courses all over the US. “Bear’s Best Las Vegas is a unique golf course made up of 18 holes hand selected by Jack Nicklaus from his 270 designs worldwide. This high-end daily fee course includes manicured bent grass greens, challenging designs, and immaculate fairway/tee complexes.” http://www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Bear-s-Best-Las-Vegas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Nicklaus
2. Eat at many of the great restaurants on the strip. Vegas used to be known for the place to get a $7 steak, but now you can spend $100 a plate and eat at the highest rated restaurants in the world. My favorite is Pearl inside the MGM for the best Chinese cuisine in America hands down.
3. Gamble. Try out some of the great games that you can’t find anywhere else. If you live in a smaller town, you won’t find these games anywhere. Play some Pai Gow, take a spin at roulette, learn craps, and play blackjack. Statistically speaking you will likely lose any money you gamble with, but there is always that chance that you win.
4. Check out Downtown! It’s not the downtown your parents are used to, and it’s not the downtown you heard people on the strip talk about. It’s new. It’s rebuilding. It’s energetic. It’s an old school Vegas feel that you will enjoy – plus, they have the cheapest drinks and food in Las Vegas.
5. Go to a show! Talk to your concierge and get tickets to a show. Go see Britney, go see KA, go see the Jabbawockeez, or Blue Man Group. There is plenty for everyone to see, but you have to see a show if you are going to be in vegas longer than 2 days!